Thursday, March 03, 2011

The Media on Nigeria's 2011 Elections

I have a secret wish: I hope all the friends of Nigeria will help her confront all the enemies of her democracy! And do it fast and furious, faithfully and fearlessly, with pride and honour, as once and future. Oh, I pray for the total routing of those brigands, those unbelievers, those barriers, those barracudas, who have sworn to keep her down for aye! Una don fail this time.

If I were the Nigerian Media, I will be doing what our forebears did in the beginning: they fought the colonialists to a stand-still, and won! The media should be fighting the enemies of state, the enemies of our democracy, the enemies of The Press, the looters and launderers of the nation's treasury. Deny them space and spin. Elevate the just. Celebrate true patriots. Fight, folks, fight the good fight!

Why? Why not - isn't that our constitutional role, out patriotic duty? See how horrendous it costs to consume media products in Nigeria, including ICT which is its modern backbone! Deliberate strangulation to keep the press impotent, and the people ignorant, isn't it? But dem go fail this time.

If I were the Nigerian Media, I no go gree o! We will join the battle to free the land, again. This time, for good.

Our tool? 2011 General Elections.

Expose 'em! Period.

No comments: