Wednesday, August 16, 2006

If I Were Chinese, Indian and Russian Leaders (1)

I believe the world has now settled and reconciled with the hard facts of our future world, that China and India are the next economic superpowers, and Russia the energy superpower. Don't mind all the rabble-rousing WTO tiffs - it's mere shuffling. The facts are hard and fast. Simple.

If I were the leaders of these leading countries, I will immediately embark on the most effective cultural human relations of all: Export My Language.

I will launch a 25-year plan with only one official agenda: Promote Peace through our official and some local shades of our Language. Each and every of our diplomatic mission will oversee very extensive and intensive collaborations in this regard. We will bring world citizens home for high quality train-the-trainers and teachers programmes, and also send loads of our brightest bi/multilingual nationals on rotational services abroad. I will start by 1 January 2007. I will do so massively.

The Asian Tigers, including Japan, missed that lesson during their boom years. It was costly. Very much so. No rising power should miss the chance again. Not China, not India, Not Russia!

On this language train, three other countries will need to catch the bug also: Brazil, Nigeria and South Africa. They have to build their own response over the next 3-5 years, and act.

And the best part is its purpose for a truly globalising world - a true Global Village.

For it, I speak.

No comments: